Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Introduction!

Before we get into the nitty gritty, how about a nice little intro?

My name is Katie and I'm 22. If you took the time to read my very brief profile on the right, then you already know that (and you're pretty awesome!). Basically, I've started this blog as a part of my diet journey. For most of my life--as long as I can remember, anyway--I've been the chubby girl. I can remember a specific time in the fifth grade, I got into a fight with a friend and she shouted at me that I always look pregnant. Yeah...not cool. But I've always been overweight, and every once in awhile, I get into these moods where I want to change it. I want to start exercising and eating right, blah blah blah. But after some time passes, I become a little more lazy and eat things I've sworn off, and then before I know it, I'm back in the old habit of unhealthy living.

But for about a week now, I've been back at it. I'm taking it slow and not overdoing anything, so that I can really get into the groove of things. And here's a bonus: some ladies from work are trying to achieve the same goals, so together, we've started our own little weight-loss program. There will be weekly meetings, a money incentive for everyone involved, and just a general support from other people going through the same thing.

I'm really looking forward to taking the steps to a better, healthier me, and I'm hoping that my blog can keep me motivated, and maybe even help others who read it!

Have a fantastic day :)
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment